History of the Hotel St. Michael

       
  • 1871
    The Archiepiscopal Ordinariate Freiburg established  a seminary in Tauberbischofsheim (Hauptstraße 71, vis-à-vis the present Sparkasse) for the education of boys which had the aim to become a priest.
  • 1891
    After a private boarding school’s acquisition in 1889 through the Archdiocese Freiburg as "Erzbischöfliches Knaben-Konvikt" the present hotelbuilding was constructed and inaugurated.
  • 1939-1945
    During the Second World War the building was confiscated and used as military hospital. After end of war, the "Konvikt” was reopened and persued.
  • 1959
    The "Konvikt" was renamed "Erzbischöfliches Studienheim St. Michael" and was now open for all, who attached importance to a Christian education.
  • 1972
    The extention, which was built is 1966 was opened for activities of pastoral work for students and catholic adult education.
  • 1988
    The extention building was persued as conference and leisure place "Bildungshaus St. Michael”.
  • 1989-1990
    During the a few years lasting reconstruction oft he kitchen and workingbuilding the old building - the present Hotel - is used as transitional home for migrants from the former GDR (German Democratic Republic)
  • 1993-1995
    The old building was given a general renovation and am modified into a modern church educational institution.
  • 31.03.2008 The "Bildungshaus St. Michael" was closed by the Archdiocese Freiburg.
  • 01.04.2008
    The integrative project of Caritasverband Tauberkreis e.V. starts with a new hotel concept "St. Michael”: hotel specialists and people with disabilities are working together to take care of the guests well-beeing.